What I Learned in the 2014 CrossFit Open.
The results are in!!! I now know where I rank fitness wise in 2014. I participated in the 2014 CrossFit Open and did a grueling workout every Friday over the last 5 weeks. Here are some of the things I learned!
- I can do Chest – To – Bar Pull Ups!! Before the open I have always used a band for assistance.
- I can do Double Unders! But I should work on my technique and I land on my heels?!
- Don’t get stuck on the numbers just keep working on that move until your judge says you’re done! You’ll get a higher score that way. Don’t argue!!
- Make wise wardrobe choices!
- 14.5 was awful and I hate burpees with a passion!! (if you’re curious here’s the info http://games.crossfit.com/workouts/the-open). I really don’t ever want to do this WOD again.
- I need to work on my cardio and continue working on my body weight movements.
- I rank 37,319 female participants and 3,219 in South East Region. Also, I am 100th in my State of the women in the age group (30-34). I, personally, think that’s awesome!!! (http://games.crossfit.com)
Here are some numbers that I really had to hunt down. There were a total 1745,508 participants in the 2014 CrossFit Open. Of those participants 62% are men and 38% were women. I am in the South East Region and there were a total of 14, 828 registered participants in the South East. I go to CrossFit Spartanburg in Spartanburg, SC and after 14.4 our gym was ranked 18th in the Region! Go Team CFS!!!!
Did any of y’all participant in the Open? How did you do? Did you also compete last year? Did you get better? I would love to know!
My Ranking in the South East!!!
My Ranking Worldwide!!!